✅Two major performance improvements are included in the new Qualcomm SoC. In contrast to the SD888 SoC, the SoC’s prime core CPU runs at 2.995GHz.
Qualcomm has unveiled its new Snapdragon flagship processor it’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus 5G. As announced at Mobile World Congress (2021), the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus SoC will power smartphones with premium features in 2021. Towards the end of the year, Qualcomm will launch smartphones with the Plus variant of their flagship Snapdragon processors. As of the event, Qualcomm announced that its two SoCs combined power more than 130 designs, announced or in development. CPU performance has been increased in the new Plus variant. On the Plus model, the Arm Cortex-X1 CPU is clocked at 2.995GHz, compared to 2.84GHz on the SD888.
It is further reported that Qualcomm’s new flagship processor comes with an improved artificial intelligence capability. Compared to SD888, the Snapdragon 6th Gen AI Engine achieved 32 TOPS (Total Operations Per Second), a 20 percent improvement in performance. Performance parameters are found on both the SD888 and SD888 Plus models. The SD888+ will therefore also include an X60 5G modem and an Adreno 60 GPU. In addition to Bluetooth 5.2 support, FastConnect 6900, triple image processors, and Snapdragon Elite Gaming.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus Features
The biggest leap forward in AI
- Experience mobile intelligence like never before with our brand-new 6th Gen Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Engine—uniting AI with everything from photography to gaming to connectivity.
Triple down on the future of computational photography
- The Qualcomm Spectra™ 580 ISP is 35% faster than the previous generation with 2.7 Gigapixels per second processing and 12 MP Burst Photo Capture at 120 fps
- 4K HDR with computational HDR Video Capture delivers brilliant imagery with extreme dynamic range
Unrivaled speed and stamina for elite gamers everywhere
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 660 GPU delivers 35% faster graphics rendering
- Qualcomm® Game Quick Touch increases responsiveness by up to 20%
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ 680 CPU enables 25% higher performance and incredible power efficiency with new architecture based on Arm Cortex-X1 technology
Securing the future of photography
- First Snapdragon to feature Hypervisor: run multiple OSes simultaneously with enhanced security
- Qualcomm® Mobile Security and Qualcomm® Content Protection
Chipmaker Qualcomm confirmed that several companies have already begun developing smartphones that will use the new flagship processor. Many of the best-known brands will adopt the upcoming SD888+ SoC first, including Asus, Xiaomi, Motorola, Honor, and Vivo. Starting in Q3 2021, these companies will commercially launch their respective devices.Xiaomi and Vivo will launch high-end phones powered by SD888+.